Common Network Threats
Common Network Threats:
• Insider users already have knowledge of the network and its available resources.
• Inside users typically have some level of access granted to them due to the nature of their job.
• Traditional network security mechanisms such as Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and firewalls are ineffective against much of the network misuse originating internally.
• It is most likely that external attackers do not have an intimate knowledge of a network, and because they do not already possess access credentials, their attacks tend to be more technical in nature.
• Before 2007, viruses were the leading contributor to financial losses for seven years in a row.
Network attacks are evolving in their sophistication and in their ability to evade detection. Also, attacks are becoming more targeted and have greater financial consequences for their victims.
Computer Repair Fort Lauderdale
4407 North Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 Phone: (954) 934-5342